Thursday, August 20, 2009

Video Music Box: Jay-Z - Run This Town (feat. Kanye West & Rihanna)


http://www.mtvmusic.com/jay_z/videos/429303/run_this_town.jhtml

Introducing the newest of the gimmick posts, Video Music Box. With it's name swiped from the TV show of the same name, I'll take a look at the newest hip-hop video drop. For it's first edition, we begin with Jay-Z's new Rihanna & Kanye West-assisted single, "Run This Town."

Directed by Anthony Mandler (who also directed the video for Jay's other Blueprint 3 single, "D.O.A. (Death of Autotune)" looks sort of post-apocalyptic, sort of underground. The premise is pretty much that Jay, Kanye, and Rihanna are the leaders of a militia. Fire's everywhere, everyone's dressed in black ("all black everything"), there's plenty of torches, black bandanas, police batons. Let me just put a quick description of this video in two words: Shit's hot.

The moment this video drops on iTunes, I'm downloading it and sticking it on my iPod. That's how damn good it is. But if that wasn't enough, I'd go so far to say "Best Video of 2009". It doesn't hurt that the song ain't to shabby, either.

Just a quick definition of Video Music Box, I do a quick review about a music video. This isn't emant to be album review length, it's just a quick post for me to not get distracted or too procrastinated and to raise up the total post count.

EDIT: The OnSmash link went down, so I embedded to what is probably one of the few reliable links, MTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment