Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Where Are They Now?: An Introduction


And here's an introduction to a gimmick of posts that I personally like to call "Where Are They Now?". This gimmick has a very... interesting beginning.

A little while back, I was taking a piss. As I typically do while urinating, my mind randomly races about the most random things (you be quiet, you) and the chorus of Jibbs's "Chain Hang Low" popped into my mind.

And as such, I wondered where the hell Jibbs went. First thing I know, he has an insanely popular mainstream hit with "Chain Hang Low" and a relatively popular hit with "King Kong" featuring King Koopa himself, Chamillionaire (odd note, Mixtape Messiah 7 is my shit). And as such, "Where Are They Now?" by Nas came into my train of thought, which was followed by this.

Don't get it confused, Where Are They Now? isn't just about one-hit wonders, it'll also be about MCs from the earlier times that haven't been relavent in anywhere from 15 to 7 years.

Who will it begin with? Possibly Jibbs. Maybe J-Kwon. I don't know. Just expect the first post to come out soon, all zero of you.

Well, now I'm back to procrastinating finishing up this Slaughterhouse post.

No comments:

Post a Comment